Among all the improv theaters thriving in Austin, it can be difficult to keep an eye on all the various auditions for troupes, casts, etc...
We've created a google group that one can subscribe to via email or RSS feed:
- You have a few hours to signup to audition this Sunday for the Hideout's May/June Mainstage February 9, 2017*Sorry for the delay on this! But auditions for the Hideout's next big show are this Sunday, and signups close at midnight tonight!* *Signup here:* *http://hideout.cc/2kVTz0L * Sign up now to audition for the May/June Hideout mainstage How I Saved the World Over
- Maestro Casting Now Available to Non-Facebookers October 10, 2016Hey everyone, We've created a feed on the austinimprov.com website for anyone wanting to play the Weekly Maestro shows at The Hideout Theatre. http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Faustinimprov.com%2Fmaestro-casting%2F&h=zAQFoTtst More information: http://austinimprov.com/maestro-casting/
- 9/18 (3:30pm - 7pm) Auditions for The Untitled Avant-Garde Theater Project with a Really Long Title September 6, 2016*The Untitled Avant-Garde Theater Project With a Really Long Title* In 2016 The Hideout Theatre will be putting on its third full year of Student Mainstage Productions. These shows will be performed by current or past Hideout students. Rehearsals will be weekly for the two months leading up to
- audition for Peter Pan and The Great Unknown (signups close Thurs at midnight) August 25, 2016The cast and crew application and audition sign-up form is now LIVE for The Hideout Theatre's Nov/Dec Mainstage Production, Peter Pan and the Great Unknown: Improvised Adventures on the Island of Neverland Directed by Kaci Beeler with Assistant Direction from Margaret Rose HunsickerTechnical
- Over the Lege - CASTING CALL July 19, 2016Please fill out this form if you're interested in being cast in Over the Lege. We're looking for creative, energetic, mindful players who are interested in exposing the shenanigans of the Texas Legislature through comedy and satire. If you have any questions, please e-mail chiarello...@gmail.com
- It Came From Your Brain! 1950s Sci-Fi Horror Improv is casting now July 18, 2016It came without warning! It came without reason! It Came From Your Brain! is improvised 1950's science fiction/horror directed by Kenny Madison and
- Audition for "I'll Take the Physical Challenge", the Sept/Oct Hideout Mainstage directed by Courtney Hopkin June 23, 2016"I'll Take the Physical Challenge" is the September/October Hideout Mainstage, directed by Courtney Hopkin and assistant directed by Rob Yoho. This is a show that will in large part feature short-form improv, demanding physical activity, brain acrobatics, some messiness while focusing on
- Submit to Whatever's Clever - an All-Female Comedy Night feat. WIG May 3, 2016Hi ladies, We're looking for female comedy/improv acts for two shows at Indra's Awarehouse on May 19 and June 16 at 8:30 pm. Submit here: http://goo.gl/forms/q822CRXYzc Thanks! Ellen Pizarek ellenp...@gmail.com (765) 623-9133 B.S. Biology, Purdue University
- Forum is still going! April 20, 2016Don't forget the group! Spread the word, even to the shows that cast weekly.
- Austin Secrets workshops/auditions on Jan. 3rd and 10th December 29, 2015Austin Secrets returns to the Hideout stage for its sixth run in March and April. Saturdays at 8pm. The show is inspired by the PostSecret project, and is a mix of dramatic and comedic improv. For a good overview of the show, read the Austin Chronicle review from 2011: http://www.austinchronic
- Hardish Bodies at The Institution Theater, Auditions this Sunday! November 25, 2015Hardish Bodies, directed by Mike Carreon and Jayme Ramsay MEN - Do you break into a sensual dance while doing everyday activities? Do ladies throw dollar bills in the air while in your presence? Have you lathered up your friends with oil…just because? THEN WE HAVE A SHOW FOR YOU!!! LADIES -
- Savage Swords, the Jan/Feb Hideout Mainstage, is having auditions this Sunday November 3, 2015Sign up now to audition for the January/February Hideout mainstage SAVAGE SWORDS! (Directed by Marc Majcher, assistant directed by Ryan Hill.) http://hideout.cc/1RAuC42 The audition will be Sunday, November 8th, from 4-7pm. Shows will be Saturdays at 8pm in January and February with possible
- Tall Tales of the High Seas Audition on November 21st October 22, 2015https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1usvt9ogjJI1Zg6X1LSZxcAhHs6-v5Y55ox8ieugSn5s/viewform?usp=send_form This is the audition sign-up for Tall Tales of the High Seas, an improvised show about pirate adventures. It will feature two pirate captains squaring off in a story-telling duel. There will be
- Auditions for Control Issues! September 30, 2015Executive Summary: On October 11th from 7pm to 10pm, the Hideout is holding auditions for Control Issues, their monthly choose-your-own-adventure show. To apply for an audition slot, submit the form at http://tinyurl.com/control-issues-audition < http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Ftinyur
- Hideout Maestro 10pm 10/3! September 28, 2015Hello everyone! 10pm Maestro - 10/3/2015 Maestro is the Hideout's Saturday 10pm! It features games and scenes and nail-biting eliminations! Directors: Jessica Arjet and Tyler Lane! Music: TBD! Sign up via the Google Form below with your NAME, your EXPERIENCE LEVEL, and your FAVORITE WARMUP.